No one would disagree that some of our major cities like Cleveland, Detroit, Syracuse, parts of Chicago and Buffalo are rusting and turning into dust. Should I name more? Trenton, Newark, Toledo...had enough? These cities at one time were great metropolis centers and they could become great once again. Our Federal Government rebuilt the "Countries" of Japan and Germany, why can't we rebuild our own cities? My plan for creating literally millions of jobs in America is to establish the Home Grown Marshall Plan to rebuild our cities.
How would this work? For example, a
panel would identify the swaths of land and buildings in Detroit and level them. This leveled ground would be rebuilt with new factories, schools and apartment houses and other necessary buildings. Our companies would receive tax breaks so that they will occupy the new factories with the proviso that as long as they employ American workers, they will enjoy huge tax advantages. This plan could be copied because so many of our cities require rebuilding. This country has poured literally TRILLIONS down the Iraq War toilet according to Professor Joseph Stiglizt who maintains that the Iraq War will cost 4 Trillion dollars.
We need to spend our money at home because the dollars will continue to circulate at home, isn't that the goal of economics, to circulate money? Basically, my plan is to Level, Rebuild, Manufacture and Hire. From day one, architects and planners would be needed in the above plan. Construction workers would be required very soon afterwards. Then factory workers, teachers and maintenance workers. The list is endless. The benefits are also high. America needs a bold plan to restore our economy, but, we have already done this overseas. All we need to do is copy what we have already done.
Enjoy this article?
How to register
- 03/25/2017 Democracy? by Nate: Country that elected Trump is not fit for Democrac...
- 02/23/2017 Our Choices by Nate: I am not going back to fear, suspicion and lies. W...
- 01/19/2017 End of the Road by Nate: Time and our mortality....
- 01/17/2017 Friends? by Nate: People we know. Are they friends? Real friends? Wh...
- 12/19/2016 Leadership and Trump. by Nate: I listen sometimes to respected political commenta...
- 12/10/2016 Invasive Species by Nate: There could be many causes of extinction. Killer v...
- 07/06/2016 "Lord protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies" by Nate: A good example of when fanaticism and idiocy of an...
- 06/08/2016 THE 4TH REICH. by Nate: Here it begins... The rise of stupid in America. D...
- 05/02/2016 Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine. Sir Arthur Eddington by Nate: Our universe is just INFORMATION. Everything we ar...
- 04/27/2016 Campaign by Turkey to distort history. by Nate: 100 years have past since the official commencemen...
- Capitalism and the Constitution
- Why I don’t call myself a liberal.
- N.C. – “Women Protection Laws” Supercedes Sharia Law
- Perfect Imperfection
- I’ll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours
- Our Choices on
- Allowing Guns on Campus on
- I am Not Sorry. on
- Political Correctness. on
- Dinosaurs and the Military Budget on
Health and Wellness
- Blog this!
- Bookmark on Delicious
- Digg this post
- Share on Linkedin
- Share via MySpace
- share via Reddit
- Share with Stumblers
- Share on technorati
- Tweet about it
- Buzz it up
- Subscribe to the comments on this post