Today in the Chicago Tribune is a full-page ad by the “Turkish Platform” from Istambul
"Truth = Peace"
Unlike Germany that admitted its crimes and teaching their children about their terrible past, Turkey is trying to whitewash its past. It would be much easier to reconcile if the Turkish government owned up to past crimes.
In 1915, leaders of the Turkish government set in motion a plan to expel and massacre Armenians living in the Ottoman Empire. Though reports vary, most sources agree that there were about 2 million Armenians in the Ottoman Empire at the time of the massacre. By the early 1920s, when the massacres and deportations finally ended, some 1.5 million of Turkey’s Armenians were dead. http://www.history.com/topics/armenian-genocide
Pro Turkish site: There is no legal consensus to support the Armenians’ attempts to portray these actions as a willful, deliberate attempt to commit genocide of the Armenian people – a specific crime defined by international law. Despite being given multiple opportunities to do so, international courts have never designated these tragic events as genocide. http://factcheckarmenia.com/
FALSE! The events of 1915 constitute a clear-cut genocide against the Armenian people.
100 years have past since the official commencement of the Armenian Genocide – a dark chapter of human history which sadly we have yet to come to grips with. Despite overwhelming evidence, there are still those who deny that the Armenian Genocide occurred at all. 100 years later, no one has held the Ottomans – and their direct successor, Turkey – accountable for the unconscionable barbaric acts they committed. Shockingly, even countries such as Israel and the United States have yet to recognize this horrific event in human history that nearly eliminated the entire Armenian population. http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Lessons-not-learned-The-Armenian-genocide-396478
Enjoy this article?
How to register
- 03/25/2017 Democracy? by Nate: Country that elected Trump is not fit for Democrac...
- 02/23/2017 Our Choices by Nate: I am not going back to fear, suspicion and lies. W...
- 01/19/2017 End of the Road by Nate: Time and our mortality....
- 01/17/2017 Friends? by Nate: People we know. Are they friends? Real friends? Wh...
- 12/19/2016 Leadership and Trump. by Nate: I listen sometimes to respected political commenta...
- 12/10/2016 Invasive Species by Nate: There could be many causes of extinction. Killer v...
- 07/06/2016 "Lord protect me from my friends, I can take care of my enemies" by Nate: A good example of when fanaticism and idiocy of an...
- 06/08/2016 THE 4TH REICH. by Nate: Here it begins... The rise of stupid in America. D...
- 05/02/2016 Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine. Sir Arthur Eddington by Nate: Our universe is just INFORMATION. Everything we ar...
- 04/27/2016 Campaign by Turkey to distort history. by Nate: 100 years have past since the official commencemen...
- Capitalism and the Constitution
- Why I don’t call myself a liberal.
- Perfect Imperfection
- I’ll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours
- Babi Yar. Never Again?
- Our Choices on
- Allowing Guns on Campus on
- I am Not Sorry. on
- Political Correctness. on
- Dinosaurs and the Military Budget on
Health and Wellness
- Blog this!
- Bookmark on Delicious
- Digg this post
- Share on Linkedin
- Share via MySpace
- share via Reddit
- Share with Stumblers
- Share on technorati
- Tweet about it
- Buzz it up
- Subscribe to the comments on this post