Why is this virus so deadly for some people?
The World is Sick. THE WORLD IS FAT!
Why are we intentionally staying silent about it?
Political correctness stands in the way. Are we afraid that the PC police will shame us if we start discussions about the huge toll that the obesity epidemic exerts on our country’s health care system?
Or is this death for profit? The problem is that the food industry wants you to eat more. And more. Obesity is profitable for the food industry, especially the junk food industry.
And drug companies are happy. Drug companies make money!. More drugs to sell! What are the ads you see most often on TV?
Vicious circle. Food – people get sick – drugs to “treat” people – ads how to lose weight – plus size clothing.
And then the politically correct crowd telling you that it’s OK! That you should “love yourself the way you are” And if somebody suggests to you that you need to lose weight to get healthy it is “aggression”! They hurt your feelings.
So the result is a country with a sick population, out of control health (sickness) care, rampant depression, along with an opioid epidemic. And now COVID 19 that kills people with compromised immune systems.
And then here is our consumption based economy.
Buy, buy, buy more to “help the economy”.
The economy that is slowly killing us! Sad statistics
The estimated annual health care costs of obesity-related illness is a staggering $190.2 billion or nearly 21% of annual medical spending in the United States. Childhood obesity alone is responsible for $14 billion in direct medical costs.
- Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975.
- In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 650 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.
- Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- 38 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2019.
- Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5-19 were overweight or obese in 2016.
- Obesity is preventable.
Obesity is a lot more deadly than previously thought. Across recent decades, obesity accounted for 18 percent of deaths among black and white Americans between the ages of 40 and 85, according to scientists. This finding challenges the prevailing wisdom among scientists, which puts that portion at around 5%.
So is this natural selection in action? Evolution works through crisis. The weak dying for the benefit of the human race?
Current average ratings.