I found my old article from 2008 and just wanted to see if it is still relevant today.
Text in red is current.
About Peace and Oil 01.11.08
There are many forces that are involved in shaping the future of our planet I just thought I would try to put some sense into what is going on and what may happen in the near future. I may be too pessimistic and you are welcome to disagree. But the purpose of this letter is not to make you feel good but to face reality.
It seems like the whole world is falling apart. It’s as if a giant spring is tightening more and more until the moment when it will release with destructive force unraveling our civilization.
– The world is facing an escalating conflict with militant Islam.
– Russia is rapidly moving to the all too familiar totalitarian regime based this time on Russian nationalism. Why does Germany come to mind?
– China is moving toward a strange society almost from an alternative history in some Sci-Fi stories; an incompatible combination of dictatorship and private enterprise.
– Pakistan is on the brink of becoming a theocracy with nuclear weapons in its possession.
– The Middle East is an unstable set of tribal societies put together by colonialists and ruled by kings and warlords.
– Africa is a lost continent ruined by colonialism and Western civilization.
– Europe with its deep-rooted snobbism is in real danger of being ruled by Sharia law.
– And what about our country?
The way things are going in our country, we will lose our democracy in no time and we won’t even know what hit us.
Just wonderful. Yes – and Global Warming on top of that.
Can things get any worse? Yes. If we sit like a frog in hot water and do nothing. Or if a giant meteorite hits the Earth.
So what is going on?
Let us start with what we call Democratic countries.
Europe. The main danger is the Muslim immigrants who feel like second class citizens and are not allowed to integrate into European societies. As the Muslim population in Europe grows and becomes more violent, Europeans elect more and more conservative governments. And the
public becomes less tolerant to immigrants. That in turn will increase the Muslim hostilities toward the population from inside and outside Europe. Eventually that will leave Europeans with difficult choices: to expel Muslims or to succumb to Sharia law.
But Europe needs energy…oil currently. So Europeans are trying to appease the oil-rich regimes such as Iran, Russia and the Arab countries. In Europe, side by side with the European Union, nationalistic tendencies are growing, especially in Eastern Europe. And as a result hostilities between Christian and Muslim populations are growing.
Continue reading “My old article from 2008.”